Monday, September 8, 2008

Building a new bike

Folks, I'm building a new bike. Dave mentioned that I should put up a list of the parts that I still need just in case a deal comes around on ChainLove or somewhere else while I'm asleep during the day. Here's the list:

Saddle - Specialized Toupe Team white/black 143
Seatpost - 31.6 diameter (Easton EC90 / Ritchey WCS Carbon / Thomson Masterpiece)
Bars - Easton EC90 SLX or ITM K-Sword - 46cmI now have bars
Stem - Not sure yet, need to test a few sizes first.I ordered the stem today, should be here soon.

UPDATE: I have the saddle, post and bars now. Just ordered the stem today.

If you see any of these things on clearance, give me a shout @ two-one-four, seven-nine-four, three-zero-one-five.

Steve

P.S. - Here's a pic of the frame...

... ain't it sexy??

5 comments:

David Hill said...

Congrats - that ought to shoot you up to Cat 6 in no time, buddy. ;)


I'll keep an eye out for the weight-weenie parts you seek.

barlows said...

Oops, sorry. The handlebar should have been SLX, not SLX3. The SLX has a 45 degree bent off the tops.

David Hill said...

I took the offending '3' out for you

c_m_shooter said...

Where are the rack and fender mounts?

barlows said...

On my back!! ;^)